GOING INDEPENDENT TAXI
- Register a vehicle to carry commercial passengers CLICK HERE
- Approved meter and payment terminal ( CLICK HERE Become a Cab Charge Merchant Partner )
- Approved Camera Security System CALL: 0434 423 423
- Taxi Tactile stickers / fare information notice CALL: 0434 423 423
LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN TAXI EQUIPMENT With 1080P 1TB Drive like NO OTHER ON THE MARKET
Bulk Buys for fleets, Country and Regional Fleets $$$$$$
CPV TAXI CAMERAS & CAB-CHARGE APPROVED
Master Mechanic 30 YEARS Qualified Automotive Mechanic / Technician.
Commercial Passenger Vehicle (CPV) owners can choose to join an existing Booking Service Provider (BSP) or set up as an independent service provider.
Independent service providers
Though you may initially be uncomfortable at the sight of a camera inside a taxi or ride share vehicle, it’s helpful to understand why they’re installed in the first place. Importantly, this is not to snoop on passengers or the Drivers , but primarily to protect the driver and passengers for their livelihood.
CPV services in Victoria are guided by the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Regulations 2018 (the regulations) and the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Act 2017 (the Act).
Vehicle owner responsibilities
Vehicle owners and booking service providers must understand and meet their obligations under the regulations and the Act. Requirements that apply now, or will be introduced shortly, include record keeping, consumer protections, safety duties, incident notifications and complaints management. To view the regulations and the Act visit the acts and regulations page.
Vehicles providing unbooked services (taxis) require:
- a fare calculation device (taximeter)
- a CPVV approved security camera (metropolitan/urban/large regional only)
- tactile signs fitted next to door handles
- electronic payment terminal (for MPTP transactions) – see above
- taxi number plates (issued by VicRoads)
- security camera labels (inside/outside) if applicable
- fare information (inside/outside). You can download fare labels for unbooked services from this website.
- roof signs (roof domes) are no longer required, but may be fitted
- CPV service providers must provide their own labels/signs including passenger fare labels and security camera labels – see link to fare templates above
- vehicles providing unbooked services (taxis) may be painted in any colour
- the Authority to Register form is still issued by CPVV and vehicle owners must present this form to VicRoads.
If you require further information refer to this website or please contact us by phone: 1800 638 802.
GOING INDEPENDENT TAXI